The Northern California Cherry Blossom Festival (NCCBF or the Festival) invites you to participate in our official 2019 Photo Contest! The 52nd Annual Festival will take place on April 13, 14, 20, and 21, 2019.
The contest is open to the public. Minors must have written permission from a parent or legal guardian to participate (see Submission).
- All submitted images must be taken at the 2019 Northern California Cherry Blossom Festival in San Francisco’s Japantown area or the Parade route
- Photos may be either black/white or color
- Only the photographer with the rights to the submitted image may enter
- Images may not be photoshopped, digitally manipulated or extremely altered other than B/W color conversion or basic generally accepted darkroom adjustments
- Deadline is May 15, 2019
- Finalists will be notified no later than May 31, 2019
- Finalists do not need to be present to win
- Maximum of 3 images per contestant may be shared via Dropbox or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Volunteers or anyone directly connected with NCCBF or Sakura Matsuri, Inc. are not eligible to participate
- Images must be .jpg/jpeg files and no larger than 4MB each.
- Finalists will be asked to send a high-resolution jpg. file (300 dpi) of the winning photo
- Do not include borders, watermarks or signatures
- Rename each image file with your first and last name as one word, and a number before submitting (i.e. JohnDoe_1, JohnDoe_2, JohnDoe_3)
Each contestant is limited to submitting a maximum of THREE photos. Email a completed Official Entry Form » along with the photo(s) or a Dropbox link to email@example.com no later than 5:00 p.m. on May 15, 2019.
Selection Process & Notification
All submissions will be juried by our photo contest committee to select this year’s NCCBF Photography Contest finalists. All selected finalists will have their work displayed on the Festival website (https://sfcherryblossom.org) and receive exclusive NCCBF prizes as listed above.
Criteria for Judging will be images that embody the heart and spirit of the Festival. Judges will consider overall impression, composition, technical merit, uniqueness, and wow factor. This event is open to photographers of all skill levels. Images with all still camera type are welcome including cell phones.
With regard to any photograph submitted to this contest, the photographer retains the copyright to their image(s). By submitting any photograph to this contest, the entrant expressly grants NCCBF royalty-free, world-wide, perpetual, non-exclusive license to display, distribute, reproduce, and create derivative works of the entries, in whole or in part, in any media currently existing or subsequently developed material, for any purpose, including, but not limited to advertising and promotional materials, its website, exhibition, and commercial products. NCCBF will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such uses.