We missed our cosplay parade this year, so we want to showcase our cosplayer community! Let’s celebrate Halloween virtually this year by showing off your crafty, comical, rib-tickling, or spooky spirit in our Halloween Cosplay Contest!
This contest is open to all ages. We can’t wait to see your Halloween costume photo submission. The deadline to enter the contest is 11:59 pm PT on Sunday, October 25, 2020. We will review and select the final entries, and invite our community to vote on the finalists. Three (3) winners are chosen from the highest number of public votes, and they will each receive a Cherry Blossom Festival prize pack.
Halloween Cosplay Contest Rules
Entry submission and review:
- Submit a photo of yourself wearing a family-friendly Halloween costume, as this contest is for all ages, including children.
- Nudity, cleavage, and underwear are not allowed in the photo. Photos with suggestive poses will be disqualified.
- Limit one (1) submission per contestant.
- Individual entry only.
- Submissions must be received by 11:59 pm PT on Sunday, October 25, 2020.
- Entries will be reviewed by our festival team, then narrowed down to finalist entries for the public to vote on.
- Public voting on the finalist entries will begin when the Halloween Cosplay Contest finalists post goes live on Tuesday, October 27, 2020.
- Finalist entries will list the contestant’s first name, last initial, costume name, and applicable social media handle.
- Public voting on the Halloween Cosplay Contest will end at 11:59 pm PT on Thursday, October 29, 2020.
Slideshow and announcement of winners:
- Halloween Cosplay Contest slideshow video will be shown on or after Halloween.
- Top three (3) contest winners will be chosen by the highest number of public votes.
- Three (3) contest winners will be contacted on or after Halloween to each pick up a Cherry Blossom Festival prize pack in person, in Japantown, San Francisco.
We can’t wait to see your cosplay photos! Please contact our social media team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.