Updated 12/16/2018 — Poster Contest deadline has been extended to Friday, January 11, 2019, at 5:00 PM PST.
The Northern California Cherry Blossom Festival (NCCBF) invites you to participate in our official 2019 Poster Contest! The 52nd Annual Festival will take place on April 13, 14, 20, and 21, 2019.
NEW Deadline: January 11, 2019, at 5:00 PM PST
The artwork selected for the 52nd NCCBF will be featured on the following to promote the two-weekend event:
- Cover of the printed Program Booklet – 10,000 copies distributed publicly
- Poster – posted around the Bay Area – 1,000 copies
- Main banner on Post Street
- Other Festival Promotional materials such as MUNI bus ads, MUNI shelter ads, etc.
The poster must be created according to the following specifications:
- Dimensions: 11” wide x 17” tall
- Format: AI exported as PDF or JPG
The poster must include the NCCBF logo (download here) and the following text:
- 52nd Annual Northern California Cherry Blossom Festival
- April 13, 14, 20, and 21, 2019
- Kokoro 心 – One Blossom, One Community, One Heart
The design should reflect the theme, Kokoro 心 – One Blossom, One Community, One Heart. One can think of Kokoro(心) as the symbol of the Festival and “One Blossom, One Community, One Heart” as the tagline. The idea behind this phrase is that each year, we all come together as one, to embrace and celebrate our culture with people from all cultures and backgrounds, fostering our supportive community spirit.
The contest is open to the public. Minors must have written permission from a parent or legal guardian to participate (see Submission).
If selected, the designer agrees to provide appropriate output files and work with the NCCBF PR/Marketing team to make changes as requested (e.g., adding sponsor logos, adjusting font size, etc.). The commitment also includes the creation of our program booklet cover (8.5”x11”) and an outdoor banner (typically 5’ x 10’). By submitting your artwork, the designer releases and grants all rights of the design to Sakura Matsuri, Inc. and the NCCBF. The winner agrees to allow NCCBF to feature their design and name on marketing materials, website, and social media accounts.
Each contestant is limited to submit ONE original design. The submission must include the following information:
- Artist’s full name
- Occupation or school year and program
- Short description of your design concept and inspiration
- Compressed PDF or JPG attachment
- Artwork by minors must include the name and email or phone number of a parent or legal guardian.
Submit your artwork to email@example.com no later than 5:00 p.m. on January 11, 2019.
Selection Process & Notification
The winning design will be chosen by the Poster Selection Committee. The winner will be notified via email and announced on the website no later than January 31, 2019.
The winner will have their artwork featured as the official NCCBF poster design, displayed on the main Festival banner on Post Street, and shared on all NCCBF social media platforms. The winner will receive an artist’s spotlight on the official NCCBF website, a profile or complimentary ad in the 2019 NCCBF commemorative program booklet (a $595.00 value), a modest honorarium, and an invitation to participate in the Grand Parade.
For additional information or to submit your artwork, email firstname.lastname@example.org.