All submissions will be juried in the first round by a panel of volunteers who will be selecting this year’s Northern California Cherry Blossom Festival (NCCBF) Photography contest Finalists. All selected finalists will have their work displayed on the Northern California Cherry Blossom Festival Website (http://sfcherryblossom.org) and receive exclusive NCCBF swag. All NCCBF Photography Contest Finalists will be notified via e-mail.
In a final round of voting, judge’s will select the top three winners from among all finalists on exhibit who will receive the NCCBF Photography Contest Awards as described below, in addition to the prizes awarded to all finalists.
Criteria for Judging will be images that embody the heart and spirit of the festival. Judges will consider overall impression, composition, technical merit, uniqueness, and wow factor. This event is open to photographers of all skill levels. Images with all still camera type are welcome including cell phones so please snap away.
Beautiful imported Happi Coat
Donated by the Northern California Cherry Blossom Festival committee
J-POP Summit Special Package
Provided by the J-POP SUMMIT*
4 VIP Tickets to the Asian Art Museum**
- All submitted images must be taken at the 2017 Northern California Cherry Blossom Festival in San Francisco’s Japantown area or the Parade route.
- Photos may be either black/white or color.
- Only the photographer with the rights to the submitted image may enter
- Images may not be photo shopped, digitally manipulated or extremely altered other than B/W color conversion or basic generally accepted darkroom adjustments.
- Deadline is May 15, 2017 Finalists will be notified no later than May 31, 2017
- Finalists do not need to be present to win.
- Limit of 3 images per contestant. Dropbox or email.
- Volunteers or anyone directly connected with NCCBF or Sakura Matsuri Inc. are ineligible.
- Images must be .jpg/jpeg files and no larger than 4MB each (no high resolution needed unless selected as finalist). Finalists will be asked to send a high-resolution jpg. file (300dpi) of the entered image/s if selected as winner
- Do not include borders, watermarks or signatures
- Rename each image file with your first and last name as one word, and a number before submitting (i.e. JohnDoe_1, JohnDoe_2, JohnDoe_3).
- FREE to enter
- Complete Official Entry Form »
- E-mail copy of the entry form with 1 to 3 images to email@example.com
With regard to any photograph submitted to this contest, the photographer retains the copyright to their image(s). By submitting any photograph to this contest, the entrant expressly grants NCCBF royalty-free, world-wide, perpetual, non-exclusive license to display, distribute, reproduce, and create derivative works of the entries, in whole or in part, in any media currently existing or subsequently developed material, for any purpose, including, but not limited to advertising and promotional materials, its website, exhibition, and commercial products. NCCBF will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such uses.
* J-POP SUMMIT 2017
Sept 9 Sat and 10 Sun
About J-POP SUMMIT:
J-POP SUMMIT, a Japanese cultural festival held every summer since 2009 in San Francisco, will be held on Saturday, September 9th and Sunday 10th at Fort Mason Center for arts and culture. J-POP SUMMIT introduces the latest in Japanese music, fashion, film, art, games, tech-innovations, anime, food and sake! For more information follow Facebook @jpopsummit or check the website at www.j-pop.com.
**Asian Art Museum